Sunday, December 11, 2005

Thanks to Yagathai...

...I can provide this link to some of Ann Coulter's blatherings.

Now, I strongly recommend you don't get angry over what she said here, because Coulter always says stuff that's either inaccurate, misleading, or plainly untrue. However, she fascinates me because every time I read more of her frothing nonsense, I ask, "Does she really believe this, or is she just trying to sell books?" Part of me wants to think that no one who's earned a JD and passed the bar would have such a caricatured conservative view of the world, but there's another part that suspects she does believe at least the core of what she says. In my opinion, Coulter as someone who thinks she's speaking truth to power is far scarier than Coulter as a money-hungry attention-grabber.

2 comments:

TrackerNeil said...

I suppose. It kills me that conservatives, who control the White House and both houses of Congress, can still get away with portraying themselves as some kind of oppressed minority. Just don't get that.

Amy McWeasel said...

"In my opinion, Coulter as someone who thinks she's speaking truth to power is far scarier than Coulter as a money-hungry attention-grabber."

Exactly. I couldn't have summed up better myself.