Thursday, December 22, 2005

Baiting the pseudo-feminists

If you visit MediaGirl.org and check out the posts, you'll see I've caused quite a stir. I found that site via a Google news search on Bob Casey, Jr., and discovered something infinitely more entertaining than a mere Washington Post article. MediaGirl, who runs the site, is this intolerant, self-righteous ideologue who fancies herself a feminist but is really just a caricature of a feminist that Bill O'Reilly himself could not have better drawn. She's shrill, hysterical, narrow-minded, and definitely anti-male. Anyone who dares to disagree with her on any issue, to any extent, is this male-hegemonic, patriarchy apologist conservative oppressor whose main goal in life is to turn women into baby machines.

When I read a sampling of her posts, I decided that nothing would do but that I must work her up into an absolute frenzy. I started out polite and reasonable, then slowly became more pointed and condescending, while her posts became increasingly more hysterical. Foam began to build up around my monitor, and all to my delight. Finally, the consensus on Mediagirl.org was that this liberal Green Party homosexual was really just a conservative sexist caveman with no understanding of or appreciation for the equality of women. Woo-hoo!

After all this, you're probably wondering, "Why the hell would you do this?" The answer: I know feminists, real feminists, and they aren't tightly wound, ultra-sensitive, politically manic frightened little ninnies who are only comfortable when they can accuse others of being the beneficiaries of the patriarchal social structure. By and large, they're confident, intelligent, rational women (and men) who can be both secure in their own beliefs and respectful of the opinions of others. However, the psychos on Mediagirl.org are the ones that give the Rush Limbaughs and Sean Hannitys of the world the perfect talking points for their brand of conservative bullshit. It's hard enough for we liberals to prevail against conservative bigotry; we definitely don't need to contend with liberal bigotry. By riling up these fools, I'm hoping to show some of the Mediagirl lurkers that perhaps they should look elsewhere for peers and role models.

I'm also doing it because it's pretty darn funny. What would be even funnier is if MediaGirl and her wack-job echo chamber find this blog and start posting comments. If you thought this blog was funny before, you won't have seen anything!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what's not to love about this guy.
LUV YA.

Anonymous said...

Neil,
Don't pretend there's some point to your trolling - you're doing it for kicks! Nothing good is accomplished by poking bees hives with a short stick. You're Dirjj'ing them!

I point this out only so that if you attempt to take the moral highground with ME when I troll people on Ran's board, I can just say ::coughMEDIAGIRLcough:: and be done with it.

Naughty, naughty, Neil!

The Cranky Cocktail said...

*shakes head*

Anonymous said...

As opposed to the intolerant, self-righteous ideologue trackerneil - right?

TrackerNeil said...

I confess, Aghrivaine, but I just couldn't help myself. And even after I've stopped they're still nattering about it. Who'da thought that a bunch of feminists would get so damned hysterical about what a man thinks?