Sunday, December 04, 2005

I just saw a really cool thing!

I was out today for my daily five-mile walk, and at 18th & Chestnut I saw - get this - a hawk, perched atop a lightpost, eating a pigeon. I think it was a hawk, anyway; it was a large, mottled-brown bird with a white underbelly. Whatever it was, it was chowing down on Mr. Pigeon like pigeons were on the verge of extinction. Everyone had stopped to look, and those who had camera phones were snapping shots of the hawk at its repast.

Naturally, I phoned Dan right away. He didn't understand why my seeing a hawk devouring a pigeon made it natural to phone him. It's that mystique that keeps our relationship alive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it sounds pretty exciting to me. :D

Anonymous said...

Dude, that is so cool.

-S. Tarzan