Wednesday, November 23, 2005

The New Salem

You've probably already heard that the Roman Catholic Church has released a new piece of bigotry about gay priests (this should not be confused with previous bigotry). Specifically, this document places more restrictions on priests in seminaries who "are actively homosexual, have deep-seated homosexual tendencies, or support the so-called gay culture." Notably, current priests are grandfathered out of this new policy.

Given that up to 50% of priests are estimated to be gay, isn't this like a village of witches having a witch hunt? However, this policy delights me. I wish all my political and cultural opponents would hamstring themselves this way. You see, I don't require that institutions that oppose me die by my hand; dying in any old way is fine with me. Whether the RCC is pummeled to scraps by progressives or bleeds to death of self-inflicted injuries, my jig of glee is the same.

One more thing: Thanks to Sarcasmo (may her chocolate cravings always be satisfied), I just ordered a "Intelligent Design Isn't" t-shirt. I vacillated between that and "Intelligent Design is Stupid", but I went with the former, which seemed less openly insulting.

No comments: