Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Civic Duty Done!

My jury duty ended yesterday in a conviction on four felony counts. It was a murder trial, involving one drug dealer killing another in North Philadelphia, and although I was proud to serve, I'm not anxious to repeat the experience soon. My last murder trial ended in acquittal, and I can tell you that it's a lot harder to convict than to acquit. Knowing that you're sending a person to jail for a long time is really hard. It's even harder when you're the foreperson, as I was, and you have to read the verdict to the court, as I did. For the rest of the day, I made certain that the most taxing choice I faced was Diet Coke or root beer.

Samsgiving is tomorrow, always a good time. If you don't much like to cook, it's good to have friends who do.

No comments: