Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Gettin' Semantic

Check this out about how Iraqi insurgents aren't fit to be called insurgents. I didn't realize true insurgency was such an honorable profession, but in any case I'm guessing the "enemies of the legitimate Iraq government" aren't too concerned about what Donald Rumsfeld calls them. Asshole.

Yesterday I went to DiBruno's to buy some cheese, and I had a puzzling little exchange with the guy behind the counter (GBC). Here goes:

Me: "I'd like a pound of pecorina romano, please."
GBC: "$4.99, $5.99, or $6.99?"
Me: "Uh, which one is a pound?"
GBC: "$4.99"
Me: "I want that one."

Did I miss something here? Is one not supposed to ask for cheese by the pound, but only by the price?

4 comments:

Sarcasmo said...

So - is Rumsfeld promblem that the US isn't an "established authority"?

Because he can hardly complain about agressive action that is without "popular support," "cohesiveness" and "a legitimate gripe.

Anonymous said...

My first thought was that there were three brands: good, better, and impress picky Aunt Mabel.

Anonymous said...

Boy, Rumsfeld, it's a shame that the term 'death squad' is already taken, eh?

Anonymous said...

That last post was by me, and after doing that twice I'm beginning to think that maybe I should just get a Blogger account.

-S. Tarzan