Tuesday, November 18, 2003

A shining planet known as Earth...

If the title of this post reminds you of something, you rock! It's part of the montage dialogue of "Battlestar Galactica", which is now available on DVD. Yay!

BG is pretty cheesy at times (OK, it's cheesy most of the time), but I thought it was a fairly interesting story nonetheless. What I found particularly interesting was, in the course of its one season, the way the writers took the story away from the humans-vs.-Cylons conflict and explored some new territory. Most television shows stick to the tried and true, for fear of losing even a sliver of their audience. That kind of lowest-common-denominator approach to storytelling is what drove me away from television in the first place. Anyway, my mother is bugging me about what she can give me for Xmas, so I think I'll tell her that BG is the way to be. Oh yes.

No comments: