Monday, July 28, 2008

Monday, Monday

That title is my clever segue into saying that I listened to my first ever Mamas and the Papas album, entitled, "If You Can Believe Your Eyes and Ears." I don't usually like music on the first time through, but I liked most of what I heard here on Listen #1. Obviously, Cass Elliot was amazing, but as I discovered Denny Doherty could sing the birds right out of the trees. Good stuff!

Hey, remember Kraft Macaroni & Cheese? I used to like that stuff when the cheese flavoring was the orange powder, but then they changed it to orange goo and it got disgusting. But! I found organic mac & cheese at Whole Foods (yeah, I know that nothing containing orange powder can justifiably be termed "organic"), and it's pretty good. I don't remember the name of the stuff, but the box is adorned with the Rabbit of Approval. Naturally, after eating the food I cut out that section of the cardboard and taped it to my PC at work. What do you do with the Rabbit of Approval?

New favorite lyric:

"Don't get me mad, don't tell no lie
Don't get me sad, just get me high
Baby, what you're holding, half of that belongs to me
'Cause I'm a real straight shooter if you know what I mean"

Artist: The Mamas and the Papas (John Phillips)
Song: Straight Shooter
Album: If You Can Believe Your Eyes and Ears

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Btw, you can in fact still get the orange powder version of Kraft Mac & Cheese. I know because I mistakenly got the goo kind before for poppy and she schooled me.