Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Did you ever have one of those moments...

...where you ask yourself, "What in hell could have brought me to this moment in life?" I'm about to have one of those moments in about forty-five minutes, and it's going to be a doozy. You know, I used to think that bombing on stage would be the most embarrassing thing that could happen to me, but, well...sometimes when you think you've seen to the bottom of the Well of Possible Humiliation, it's useful to be reminded that said well may possibly have no bottom. I'm not going to go into details because 1) I don't want certain persons recognizing themselves here; and 2) I certainly don't want the Internet maintaining a record. I suppose objection #2 is specious as there will be photographic evidence of this moment, but I'd like to control the damage as much as I can. Good thing I don't have much of a reputation to ruin. Ye gods.

Speaking of being on stage, I am working on rescheduling my June show for sometime in mid-to-late September. More details as they solidify.

New favorite lyric:

"He's got his arms around every man's dream
Crumbs in his beard from the seafood special
Oh, can't you see my world is falling apart
Baby, please, leave the biker, leave the biker, break his heart"

Artist: Fountains of Wayne (Chris Collingwood/Adam Schlesinger)
Song: Leave the Biker
Album: Fountains of Wayne

2 comments:

Amy McWeasel said...

What a teasingly, maddening post! What did you do? Did it work out in your favor? Was it as bad as you feared/expected?

TrackerNeil said...

Ask me for details when you see me. It's no secret; I just don't want the whole story on the Internet where anyone can find it.

And, yes, it was bad.