Thursday, July 17, 2008

Mother!

Moving is exactly as annoying as I remembered. Dan said that our apartment is now this ever-hungry beast to which we feed empty boxes and bubble wrap without end. And we started packing a month ago! Plus I might be getting a summer cold. Throw in a little waterboarding and tomorrow will be my best day ever.

Mambo is moving us, which means come tomorrow morning we get to see if the movers are too cute (meaning they distract you from your work), sufficiently cute-ish (meaning you can work but with a smile), or just scruffy (always a possibility). You've really gotta hit that target for an optimal move-to-distraction ratio.

New favorite lyric:

OK, I wanted to post the lyrics to "Get An Ugly Girl to Marry You", but I deferred to good taste. That song (by Harry Belafonte and the Coasters) is rabidly sexist but awfully catchy, putting me between the Scylla of political correctness and the Charybdis of I-like-to-sing-this.

1 comment:

Star said...

Sarcasmo used Mambo movers when they moved from the Ben to Pine street. Mostly they were slow. Hope you fair better.