Monday, July 14, 2008

Tragedy!

I broke my sunglasses last night.

Now, you're saying to yourself, "Umm...that's not really very tragic." Well, listen up, buster. I am fairly light-sensitive, so shades are a near-necessity. I am also extremely picky about sunglasses. Finally, given how often I lose/break sunglasses, I refuse to spend more than $20. A deadly trifecta, indeed! Anyway, I went out at lunch today to find some new ones, and because I didn't have much time I had to settle for this giant, senior-citizen pair I found at Daffy's. So now I look ready for retirement, dammit.

Today's the final walk-through on the house on which Dan and I plan to spend loads of cash. Since just about everything in this process has been as difficult as possible, I fully expect to find locusts in the closets, chalk-lines on the floors, and a Hellmouth in the basement. I can just see us as settlement, "If there had been a chaos demon there last month I am sure the inspector would have noticed it."

I can't think of a durned thing, so no favorite lyric today.

2 comments:

Amy McWeasel said...

While I don't wish you ill on the home-buying, you have to admit that it'd be a great topic of conversation for years to come if there actually were a hellmouth in the basement.

It'd give Halloween a whole new vibe!

Unknown said...

Hope the walk-through went well! And I totally know what you meant in your last post about having to do a million things at once when you move. It is a painful truth.