Wednesday, January 17, 2007

It IS easy being green!

My mom gave me a green sweater for Xmas, and I’ll admit I was dubious about it. Green clothing to me is like New Jersey to the Republicans: No matter how sweetly it promises, you never get what you want. Not the case with this sweater, though, which looks good on me both in hue and in fit. Plus I am having a good hair day, so at this point I’m ready for the frakkin' runway.

Now let’s talk cereal

Lucky Charms: Whoever said that multi-colored food is the healthiest never had a bowl of these babies. The queen of all cereals, Lucky Charms are about as non-sublime as they come. They. rock.

Cap’n Crunch: Eating this stuff is an S&M sort of experience. It tastes good, but it wreaks havoc on the roof of your mouth. There’s also a very brief window of opportunity once the milk is added before the cereal turns into a sweet, yellow, gummy paste. The problem’s not so acute in the peanut butter variety, yet it’s still troublesome. Not sure how to feel about it.

Apple Jacks: This is what I eat when I want something sugary and still maintain the illusion of healthy eating. After all, it’s got apples! Good stuff.

Corn Pops: Tasty but not oversweet, gently textured and good with milk, this is the friendliest cereal of the bunch. It’s friendly, non-pretentious, and always delivers, like that boyfriend you kept because he never disagreed with you in any significant way and was fairly good in bed.

Cookie Crisp: Oh. My. Goodness. It’s chocolate-chip cookies! It’s cereal! This marvelous substance is proof that man is indeed the pinnacle of evolution. Yeah, dolphins may be sentient, but you don’t see them at the breakfast table, do you? Also, this leaves the milk pleasantly chocolatey, which for me is great as I am a long-time post-cereal milk-drinker.

Today’s favorite lyric:

“Tea, girls, warm and sweet
Some are set up in the Somerset Maugham suite”


Artist: Murray Head (Bjorn Ulvaeus, Benny Andersson)
Song: “One Night in Bangkok”
From the musical “Chess”

3 comments:

Amy McWeasel said...

1) Dude. I did not need that song from Chess stuck in my head, thank-you-very-much.

2) My own cereal list: Chocolate Lucky Charms, Frosted Mini Wheats (the big ones, not the bite-sized ones), Corn Pops, and Frosted Flakes with bananas or strawberries.

TrackerNeil said...

The bite-sized ones seem kinda like cheating, you know? Mini-Wheats just shouldn't be THAT mini.

Anonymous said...

CAN I PICK A SWEATER OR CAN I PICK A SWEATER???

LUV YA