Friday, January 12, 2007

Here's an oldie

Wrote this a long, long time ago, in tribute to my 1997 kidney stone. Sung to the tune of "Jailhouse Rock", in case you were wondering.

***

It happened in the morning around 2 am
A pain that gave me nausea and my head a spin
I had to wake my brother and get in the car
And rush on down to Frankford Hospital ER

It was a rock, oh, yeah it was a rock
Everybody in the ER stopped
To take care of my kidney rock

I staggered in the door and went up to the nurse
I thought by then that I was ready for a hearse
They said I was the worst that they had ever seen
But soon I was in bed with my friend morphine

It was a rock, oh, yeah it was a rock
I was tripping ‘til the morphine stopped
And thinking ‘bout my kidney rock

So now I have to drink a river every day
And strain it all before I can throw it away
I hope that someday soon this kidney stone will pass
‘Cause peeing in a bottle is a real pain in the ass

Oh rock, come on pass now, rock
Keep the door on the bathroom unlocked
Until I get rid of this rock

2 comments:

Debra b. said...

ROTFL!

Too funny. What brought that up?

TrackerNeil said...

I don't know. A strange and wonderful thing, is my mind. My friend Cathy and I used to write stuff like this all the time. I posted another one way back...try searching my blog for "Promise of Some New Gays" and you'll see more of my, uh, work.