Thursday, September 04, 2008

This and that

Why do small pretzels taste better than normal-sized pretzels? I don't know why, but as far as genus pretzel is concerned, small = good.

I confess I haven't followed much of the GOP convention, because to tell the truth, after eight years of disastrous Republican rule, I'm quite close-minded. Those speeches are going to be more of the tax-cutting, gay-bashing, get-government-off-your-back bullshit you always hear from the elephants, and I've had enough.

I did, however, see a pic of John McCain and Sarah Palin (almost thirty years his junior), standing side by side, and I thought to myself, "Americans aren't really going to elect this pair, are they?" Of course, I asked myself the same thing about Bush/Cheney in 2004 and we all know what happened then.

Dan and I did a bunch of work on the house yesterday, particularly on the finished basement room known (by us, at least) as the "Dan Cave." It's filled with all the things you'd expect to find in a lair of Dan's: books, games, the piano, and, of course, a PC. Once we hang Sendara's lovely "Slouching" print, the Dan Cave will be complete.

Fall League starts next week, on the ill-omened day of 9/11. I'm so excited! (Not about the date, but about the league.) That's one of the things that warms my heart about autumn, along with my birthday, Halloween, and the return of my various vests and jackets, spurned because of summer heat. This year there's also my show and a mid-October trip to the land of Madam George and roses, which I haven't visited since the Republicans were still in control of Congress.

New favorite lyric:

"If love's the truth then look no lies
And let me swim around your eyes

I've found a place I'll never leave

Shut my mouth and just believe

Love is the truth I realize

Not a stream of pretty lies

To use us up and waste our time"


Artist: Lightning Seeds (Ian Broudie)
Song: Pure
Album: Cloudcuckooland

No comments: