Wednesday, September 17, 2008

This looks familiar

Great Zeus...the woman's not even in the vice-president's office yet and she's already using her political power to shut down investigations over her own wrongdoing. You know, I'm starting to think that despite her thin resume, her startling willingness to consider a war with Russia, and her ignorance of foreign policy basics, Sarah Palin is indeed ready for the White House.

Hey, Dan and I watched a pretty good movie the other night, Sudden Fear. Released in 1952, this thriller stars Joan Crawford and Jack Palance, and is set in San Francisco. The movie sort of changes in the middle, but gratifyingly in my view, and I recommend it. Oh, but may I say that Jack Palance was not good-looking as a young man? Age has improved him, in my view. Not many of us can say that.

New favorite lyric:

"Calling the moon, I can see by her light
This one's going out to the moon tonight
I'm calling the moon
Calling the moon, 'cause I know what it's worth
To tug at the seas and illumine the Earth"

Artist: Dar Williams (Dar Williams)
Song: Calling the Moon
Album: The Green World

No comments: