Monday, April 09, 2007

A podcast is a podcast*

I'm recording a podcast for my class, and in addition to becoming rather hoarse, I'm also noticing something I hadn't before.

Could my voice get any faggier? Geez Louise!

Ultimate Sean lent me the first season of "Beauty and the Beast" on DVD. I'm not a very romantic person, but that show should have been true. Seriously. And it had action! And an archrival! Not too many cute guys, it's true, but Linda Hamilton's shoulders were padded like a linebacker's. The latter really doesn't make up for the former, but I thought I'd point it out nonetheless.

New favorite lyric:

"At any convenient time
Funny how my memory slips
While looking over manuscripts of unpublished rhyme
Drinking my vodka and lime**"

Artist: Simon & Garfunkel (Paul Simon)
Song: Hazy Shade of Winter
Album: Bookends


*While writing this title I wanted to add "...but a Manwich is a meal." Podcasts and Manwiches have no ostensible connection except in my brain tonight.

**I'm not much of a drinker, but vodka and lime sounds really gross. I'll take a Manwich*** instead.

***Manwich sounds way dirtier now than it did when I first saw the commercial, way back when.

1 comment:

Gillian said...

Ok, you don't exactly sound butch. But I've heard pansier, truly.