Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Oh frabjous day!

Obviously, I am elated about last night’s results, which I stayed up into the wee hours to witness. It’s been so long since my side had any electoral success that this kind of victory is hard to accept. Well, actually it’s delightful to accept. Even more delightful is the response of right-wing bloggers, who are doing their level best to blame their loss on anything – the media, the exit polls, the Democrats – other than the GOP itself. Given how poorly they’ve lost, I feel I deserve a little secret online gloating. If you want to join the fun, try Redstate.org., which I feel is particularly sour-grapey.

Dan and I totally did a victory dance when Santorum conceded. I hope you did as well.

2 comments:

Sarcasmo said...

I didn't dance, but I did throw my arms up in the air (complete with heavy metal devil horns) and cheered.

I also cheered each time the Dems scored a House seat.

There was much rejoicing.

TrackerNeil said...

I got to bed around 1:30, when I realized there would be no call on Montana and Virginia.