Friday, May 13, 2005

Yay me!

I just checked the NJIT Web site, and discovered that I got a big ol' "A" in my design class. Not bad, considering I approached this course with all the enthusiasm of a 14-year-old disinherited Targaryen princess facing marriage to a fearsome Dothraki khal. (For the uninitiated, that's really reluctant.) You can look here for samples of my work, if you're interested.

Since beginning grad school, I have been surprised by the relative incompetence of many of my classmates. I used to have this quaint notion that grad school weeded out those undergrads who were genuinely motivated and talented from those who merely knew how to work the rules. More fool I. Some of the work displayed by my classmates has been, well, fairly amateurish, and in a few cases not worth even of an undergraduate. Dan says he found much the same thing when he was earning his Master's. I don't know if that means we are very talented, or that lots of our peers just suck.

No comments: