Monday, May 23, 2005

Girding for battle!

Heh...my parking garage lost power this weekend, trapping my car inside when I needed it. I was amazed that a business that runs mostly on 19th century technology has, apparently, no way to manually raise a gate to allow cars to leave, and I told them so. Anyway, today I phoned to speak with the manager about it, and to my delight she put the phone down on her desk, refusing to speak with me, and then left it off the hook, thus foiling callbacks.

Evidently, this chick doesn't realize with whom she's dealing. I mentally spat on my hands and got down to business, relishing this fight the way I might a chocolate-covered graham cracker. After about twenty minutes of some high-powered telephoning, I had the name of the manager's boss, that boss's boss, and his boss, although I am disappointed to report I didn't get to speak with any of those folks today. That's OK. In these situations, you can usually turn delay to your advantage, so waiting 24 hours is nothing. I'm going for a month's free parking...I'll post updates as things transpire.

Oh, I saw "Sith" again last night, and enjoyed it just as much as I did the first time. Sarcasmo, however, pointed out that the Obi-Wan/Anakin saber fight would have been much more interesting had they fought it barechested. If that fight could also include spandex shorts, I concur.

No comments: