Wednesday, March 05, 2008

This just in...

I don't want to announce specifics until I have confirmation, but I am pretty sure I will be performing in not one but two comedy shows in early April. I think I am getting paid for one, too, which means that for at least one weekend I can pretend I am a professional comedian. That means I can start writing off stuff on my taxes next year as business expenses, too, although I wonder if you can itemize "fear that I will alienate the audience."

Hillary Clinton just won't let up, will she? Don't get me wrong, I like her well enough and always have, but every person has a limit and this year she's just about hit hers. Obama's ahead of her and unless she does better in the upcoming states than she's done in any of the previous, she'll go to the convention in second place. Better if she just recognizes reality and steps aside. Argh.

New favorite lyric:

"And sometimes one place wants to slip into the other just to see
What it's like to trade its demons for the restless ghost of Mrs. Ogilvey
She used to pick the mint from her front yard to dress the Sunday pork
Sometimes southern California wants to be western New York"

Artist: Dar Williams (Dar Williams)
Song: Southern California Wants to Be Western New York
Album: Mortal City

No comments: