Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Something that's been bugging me...

I've been following the Democratic presidential primary fairly closely, and naturally I have heard the Clinton vs. Obama, experience vs. judgment debate. However, something puzzles me. Clinton has been going around saying how important experience is, but should she win the nomination, how will she square that against John McCain's greater experience? I mean, the man has been in the Senate since the last Ice Age, so she can hardly claim seniority. Will she then turn around and say, "Well, experience matters but so does judgment"? Isn't that what Obama is already saying?

Besides, all this experience is well and good, but without good judgment experience can equal little more than marking time. I am sure we've all worked with people who possess superior seniority but zero aptitude. (Not that I'm accusing Clinton of that; I actually think she's fairly effective at what she does.) Besides, George Bush has plenty of presidential experience, but do we really want to give him another try?

New favorite lyric:

"The humans are dead
The humans are dead
We used poisonous gases
And we poisoned their asses"

Artist: Flight of the Conchords
Song: Robots
Album: The Distant Future

No comments: