Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Idly Musing

For some reason, I'm thinking that "musly idling" makes as much sense. Don't disabuse me, please.

Is the wearing of one's keys on a ring attached to a belt or belt hook a new thing, or an old thing I'm just now noticing? Seems I see it everywhere nowadays.

I have many complaints with IKEA furniture - it's too expensive for its crappiness, they make you cart it around the store, you have to assemble it yourself - but on my mind today is those stupid Allan wrenches. Ever notice that you either have six zillion of these or not one? Hey IKEA...use Phillips or flathead like every other damn furniture manufacturer. Yeah, yeah, I know you're Swedish, but knock it off with the hexagonal thingies, all right.

Still going to San Fran next week and still excited about it; even more so, in fact, when I saw that the forecast was for clear weather with temperatures in the low-to-mid 60's. Step back!

I'm going to be deleting some of my old posts because I read them over recently and they annoy me. Also, in one I was a bit indiscreet in terms of name-dropping. So, if you can't bear to be without my years of blogging, save those pages now!

New favorite lyric:

"And the taxis and the trucks
Everybody's blowing their horns
And I got a bicycle bell to ring
And I got a notion to sing as I'm riding along."

Artist: Amy Correia (Amy Correia)
Song: The Bike
Album: Carnival Love

3 comments:

Amy McWeasel said...

1) Dude! I like Ikea's furniture, but I like assembling furniture.

2) I also like Amy Corriea, from your music section of the post. Maybe we could catch her at the Tin Angel sometime.

Debra b. said...

IKEA used to be a favorite, as I could count on it to be the same everywhere I was. However, as the kitchen project progresses, I am hating them more and more.

Anonymous said...

so you still have time to think about what you'll bring me from your trip

luv ya