Friday, June 08, 2007

It makes me uncomfortable!

Know what experience really bothers me? When you see someone on the street whom you know only casually, and that person acts like he/she doesn't know you. Why do people do that? Personally, I give the old smile-n-nod, which says, "I don't know you very well, but with this cool smile and quick nod I hereby politely acknowledge our distant acquaintance." Some people know enough to do the same, but other give you that quick glance and then stonily ignore you, which always makes me uncomfortable. I don't care if he/she doesn't acknowledge me, but the fact that that person is uncomfortable makes me uncomfortable, which probably makes that person more uncomfortable until it becomes this whole downward discomfort spiral. Blech.

Hey, I saw "Notes on a Scandal" today, and I approve. Cate Blanchett is just marvelous...I'd see pretty much anything she was in. I have this rule about not seeing any movie that has a Wayans in the cast, but I'd break it for Cate. Stockard Channing, too.

T minus three days until I leave for San Francisco.

No comments: