Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Festival Fun

The Philadelphia International Gay and Lesbian Film Festival is in town starting July 12, and I've already got my tickets. Holding down the top spot is "The Gay Bed and Breakfast of Terror", which will no doubt be exquisitely bad. Hence the top spot. I'm also afire to see the documentary about Alexis Arquette's sex change. I'm not overly interested in tranny issues, but because AA is kind of loopy and I look forward to seeing how he freaks out on camera.

Did I ever mention that he was kind of rude to me at a festival a few years back? I had just come out of a dreadful movie in which he starred ("Piccadilly Pickups", in case you want to avoid it), and I saw him in the lobby. I said hi and complimented him on this Australian movie he'd done some years before, and he kind of looked at me disdainfully, acknowledged that I was an organic being, then turned away. In light of this, I feel fully justified in taking pleasure in his on-camera squirrelly antics.

New favorite lyric:

"Does the man who makes the shoes own you, clown?
You can't even pry the nameplate off, now can you?
Fix it with your tiny fist there
James Van Der Beek and them sisters from Sister, Sister
The only one that's ever felt this is you
The force that's forcing you
To feel like busting up a Starbucks."

Artist: Mike Doughty (Mike Doughty)
Song: Busting Up a Starbucks
Album: Haughty Melodic

No comments: