Friday, July 20, 2007

I Can-tankerous!

I'm taking a wonderful new medicine that makes everything taste metallic. I had an iron apple for breakfast, naan, salad, and copper shavings for lunch, and tonight I'm thinking of perhaps an aluminumy pizza. Very nice.

[Edited to remove something that might get me in trouble later.]

Griping complete. For now.

Yesterday I was stopped at a traffic light at 36th and Spruce, where a traffic cop was directing traffic. He was doing these wonderful little traffic-regulating dances, which were at once instructive and yet esthetically pleasing. I wanted to watch him for a bit longer, but the light turned green and he very jauntily waved me along. I really didn't feature seeing his write-a-ticket dance, so I went on my way.

1 comment:

Amy McWeasel said...

I love the traffic cop dances. Some officers just direct the traffic in a businesslike way; those, I can ignore. But! The ones who direct the traffic with joie de vivre... they're the cool ones.