Monday, January 16, 2006

Underdog Victorious!*

I can now reveal that I have, after a job search that seemed a geological age, landed a job. I won't go into details about the company name or anything (after all, who knows who might be reading this happy little blog), but I will say that they've offered me more money, more vacation, more sick time, and a better 401K than my last employer. Also, they are located about .8 miles from my home, which means a commute to die for. All in all, I am pretty darn pleased about it. I've been walking around most of the day with a grin on my face, a grin worn only by the mentally deranged and those who have landed plum new jobs.

And, yes, I did a new-job dance, which was more vigorous than the getting-published polka, and yet not quite so sprightly as the I'm-done-with-college jig.

* This is also the title of a fabulous Jill Sobule album. Buy it. Listen to it. I command you.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! That's so excellent! Congratulations!

The Cranky Cocktail said...

Congratulations.

P.S.: Read the Bitter Quill!

TrackerNeil said...

I have not only read it, but I have posted a comment on that selfsame site.

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic!! Congrats!!

Amy McWeasel said...

Woohoo! Congratulations to you!

Sarcasmo said...

That's so awesome! I'm so happy for you. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

w00t! Way to go!

P.S. I have a somewhat similar announcement coming in another day or two myself.

Tim

TrackerNeil said...

Thanks to all. Not to be vainglorious, but after 26 - count 'em - 26 long months of searching, I totally deserve this!