Monday, January 09, 2006

Five Weird Habits

I heard this one from VisMajor, so I will try it out here. Five of my weird habits are...

  1. I leave glasses of water around whatever domicile I am currently using. Usually it's just one glass, but inevitably that glass spawns a twin, and then that twin spawns, and so forth. Some days it got so I'd have water available in every room. I like to drink water, so that works out, but it's a little weird nonetheless.
  2. If I am approaching a building that has more than one set of doors, I will purposely use the doors furthest from me, to see if the folks behind me will do the same. I have this theory that human beings have a deep-seated fear that they door they try will be locked; therefore, they always use doors they've seen open. Once, when I worked in a building with six sets of double doors, in two rows, I used the left-most outer door, then went all the way back to the right inner door, and don't you know, the woman behind me did the same. The fact that I do it is not as weird as the fact that people follow me.
  3. When I'm reading a book, I tend to idly rub the paper with a finger as I page along.
  4. For some reason, the first thing I do when I get into the shower is rub each of my Achilles tendons. Don't ask me why, but I do.
  5. I can't sleep in a room with an open closet door. It's not that I fear the Closet Monster or anything (trust me, I lived in the closet long enough to realize it ain't the monsters that make that place scary), but for some reason it bugs me to know that the door is open. It just does.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. I do something similar.
2. I always end up pulling (or pushing) on the locked one.
5. Are you sure there aren't monsters there?

TrackerNeil said...

Anju, there are definitely monsters in the closet, but by the time you're twenty-five, they seem like old friends.