Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Yay! Yay! Yay!

I'm going to San Francisco, and I'm staying for free! You see, Dan's flying out to attend the Apple conference (sorry, VisMajor), and he gets his own hotel room on the company nickel. Yesterday he said, "You want to fly out and stay with me?" Needless to say, I did, and do, and am.

Unfortunately I have to fly by myself, which I dislike since I hate air travel, but the prospect of a free room for five days is too good to pass up. I'll also have to spend the days alone - Dan will be at the conference - but that gives me opportunity to troll the streets of San Francisco and get to know the city a little better. I really enjoyed my last trip, and I am sure I'll enjoy this one no less. So excited! So excited!

Hey, can I tell you that Alberto Gonzalez is my new favorite person? Seriously. The longer he hangs on at the DoJ the worse Bush looks, assuming of course that it's possible for Bush to look any worse. Go Alberto!

New favorite lyric:

"We played cards, mostly blackjack
As we sat out on the tarmac

We sang songs we knew in Spanish
As we both loved songs of language
He'd heard me on the radio
I'd seen the flyers of San Antone
Now I would give anything to have that flyer for my own"

Artist: Nanci Griffith (Nanci Griffith)
Song: The Flyer
Album: Flyer

5 comments:

Amy McWeasel said...

So jealous, but I hope you two have a good time!

Star said...

Also jealous, but hope you have a blast!

Unknown said...

Awesome! When do you go?

Unknown said...

I, too, am jealous. :(

-Zoe

Anonymous said...

Enjoy, share some pics when you're back! Miss you!