Thursday, May 10, 2007

Mama!

I bought some chocolate milk - which I hadn't enjoyed in a long time - at the Reading Terminal Market yesterday. I've always liked milk, but lately I've had a hankering for it but good. (Of course I like chocolate, but then who doesn't? Terrorists, that's who.) Anyway, after one sip I said to myself, "Why the heck did I ever stop drinking this wonderful stuff?" Then I turned around the container and read that the pint of chocolate milk contained 400 calories. "Oh. That's why."

The biggest news is [blare of trumpets] that I finished my graduate certificate this week. Somehow I pulled off an A in my last class (pixies, I tell ya) which put me over the finish line. A master's degree lurks about another 18 credits beyond my grad certificate, but I think I'm going to leave that beast alone.

Hey, hey! The Decider is doing his level best to sink the Republican Party. Who knew he was on our side? Seriously, though...28%? I imagine that if you polled Americans about my performance at least a third would say, "Well, I don't know who he is, but he's probably doing an OK job."

New favorite lyric:

"They invented a reason, that’s why it stings
They don’t think you matter because you don’t have pretty rings
I keep telling you I don’t care I keep saying there’s one thing they can’t change"

Artist: Jonathan Coulton (Jonathan Coulton)
Song: I'm Your Moon
Album: Thing a Week IV

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!!

-Babs