Thursday, March 22, 2007

I love this stuff

Here's a bill that truly addresses a burning social need. I wonder if the South Carolina legislature will follow it up with requirements that women send their fetuses a Hallmark card, and maybe hold a "I Just Had an Abortion" party in their honor.

(Anytime South Carolina wants to secede from the union again...why, that's just fine and dandy with me. If they take Alabama and Texas with them, so much the better.)

In case you didn't know, the 16th annual Philadelphia Film Festival's in town, so grab you a catalog and start blocking out your movies. I'm going to do four or five, the names of which I'll email around to interested (and disinterested) parties.

Has anyone played "Descent", the dungeon-crawling boardgame that weights half a metric ton? It's neat. Dan and I lost power last Friday night, so we played by candlelight, raising the geek quotient of the experience by an extra order of magnitude. It was fun. Unfortunately, our heat is electric, so as the geekitude rose the temperature fell. That part was less fun. The whole experience made me realize that people who lived before electric lights must have hated their lives.

2 comments:

Gillian said...

I'd like to say I can't believe anyone would dream up a bill like that, but you know what? I totally can. Nauseating.

Anonymous said...

Awesome, I think this is exactly what the government should be doing with our tax dollars. Who needs running water and a national defense? Neil said himself he had a perfectly good time playing a game in the dark!

"What do we want?"
Government enforced morality that changes with the seasons!

"When do we want it?"
As soon as the Jerry Springer marathon is over!

Sean