Thursday, June 02, 2005

Yeah, George, I know

Has anyone else noticed that GWB spends alot of time reminding us that he's the president? I can't tell you how many times I've heard him on the radio saying, "I was elected to do such-and-such" or "I'm the president, and it's my job to do this or that." Hey George, I suspect most Americans remember the 2004 election, and I for one will never forget the election in 2000. Are you reminding us, or yourself?

Let me tell you something I learned long ago about leadership. A crappy leader wears his authority like a crown, perched up high for all to see, attracting as much attention as possible. A real leader wears her authority like an everyday suit of clothing, unassuming and normal, but nonetheless present and real. A leader who feels it necessary to remind people he's in charge is no leader at all.

This is one instance in which I am not happy to be proven absolutely correct.

No comments: