Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Two shows down

I have put both the The Return of the 1-4-5 Show and Screwballs behind me, and now I am on to Fags & Hags on April 1. I feel kinda like a real comedian. Screwballs was fun, BTW, and the audience was ready to laugh but unforgiving. Didn't matter how good your last joke was; if this one wasn't working, you didn't get a peep outta them. Maybe that's how it should be, I don't know, but it sure was disconcerting. The Yoo-hoo bit has never failed though, which is surprising given how lame a joke it is. Videos for both should be available within a few days.

On my way to work today, I saw a man on a bike with a small dog in a small pouch at his midsection. Both man and dog wore identical goggles and were intently watching the road. I wish I'd had the camera!

In case you haven't heard, WolfBlock LLP, my employer, is disintegrating. It's no secret; the Inquirer broke the story Monday morning, which is where I heard about it, and it's been all over the local media ever since. Everyone around here is weepy, angry, bitter, etc., but I can't help but feel a bit optimistic. In this circumstance I can collect unemployment insurance, whereas the last two times I was unemployed there was nothing but Dan and my savings. So this is the softest landing I have ever had. Also, if you have to be out of work spring is the right time for it!

UPDATE: Video for Screwballs show now available.

1 comment:

Amy McWeasel said...

I found out this evening from my friend Maura about WB. Dang. I wish you the softest landing possible.