Wednesday, December 24, 2008

For the holidays

This morning I was out walking on partly icy streets, and getting really ticked off at the way the ice clings more tenaciously to bricked sidewalks. Then I got the thought stuck in my head to music. I mentioned this to Dan when I got home, and he suggested blogging about. So if you don't like, you should blame him.

Rush Limbaugh, Hannity, John Coulter's daughter
Cocoa that's made not with milk but with water
Halfway apologies, free stuff with strings
These are a few of my most-hated things

Brickwork that serves as a road or a sidewalk
Sneakers with khakis or insipid small talk
Cockroaches in my house, spiders with wings
These are a few of my most-hated things

When the joke bites
When the shirt clings
When the name is Thad
I think someday I'll outlaw these most hated things
Until then I just get mad

Snowfalls on weekends and fish and bananas
Late-night renditions of "Copacabana"
People who think that it's no fun on swings
These are a few of my most hated things


I really do hate these things, too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha! Well done. :)

Gillian said...

Heh, awesome. That reminds me that I promised Dan I'd blog about something...