Thursday, November 06, 2008

Bigotry...a game everyone can play!

The only blemish on Election Night was the ease with which various anti-gay measures passed in Florida, Arizona, and, surprise surprise, California. This article really got me thinking some nasty thoughts, and I'll quote a few choice bits here:

"I think it's mainly because of the way we were brought up in the church; we don't agree with it," said Jasmine Jones, 25, who is black. "I'm not really the type that I wanted to stop people's rights. But I still have my beliefs, and if I can vote my beliefs that's what I'm going to do. "

Is she OK with white supremacists doing the same?

"I don't discriminate against people," he [beauty supply store owner Pablo Correa] said, with a wave at the rows of lipstick and makeup. "I have a lot of customers who are homosexuals, transsexuals and bisexuals. I'm not against these people." He added: "But I'm a traditionalist. I come from a traditional family. People can do whatever they want in their own life, but I have to protect my family."

He has no problem with "these people"; in fact, he thinks everybody should own one.

It's times like this that I could look at a burning cross on a lawn and not bat an eye.

No comments: