Monday, October 13, 2008

And the Great October Dash continues

This weekend I put away items #2 and #3 of the Great October Dash of 2008, those items being the wedding of a long-time friend and my first self-produced show. The Dash, in case you didn't know, consists of...
  1. Dan's sister's wedding in NYC
  2. The 1-4-5 Show
  3. Long-time friend's wedding
  4. Trip to England
  5. My Halloween bash.
By the way, I had a great time at the show, although those who attended might not have been able to tell because I was sick and a bit fever-addled. In reviewing the recording, however, I seemed to perform fairly coherently, so I guess that's a victory both for me and for the good people at Motrin. Said video will be available on YouTube once Dan figures out** how to get such an enormous file off the camera. Thanks to all who showed up, cheered, laughed, etc. There will indeed be another show at some point, but not until the new year.

On to item #4 of the Dash, which is my impending trip to England. I leave tomorrow evening, armed with several doses of Valium to send me safely into the arms of slumber while British Airways speeds me to London. I've decided that the long flights to and fro are a good time to catch up on some of the famous literature I've neglected, so at lunch I'm off to pick up one I've already read (The Grapes of Wrath) and a few others I haven't. As a point of history, I first read Wrath in high school, and I recall that whilst reading it on the front porch, I looked up to see the smoke from the fires on Osage Avenue.


**Isn't Dan amazing?

3 comments:

Gillian said...

He is beyond amazing. Much love.

That show was great! Hope you didn't mind my minor heckle. :D

And wow, Osage ave. That dates things quite a bit. That was so close to my house... the whole neighborhood smelled like burning for weeks after. Scary.

Scarlet said...

Looking forward to catching the show on You Tube! :)

TrackerNeil said...

No worries...that was really just a shout-out, not a heckler, and a wise comedian uses shout-outs to win over an audience. So thanks!