Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I'm just going to say it...

Although the deal has fallen through twice and came to the brink a third time, I may as well say it; Dan and I are buying a house. I suppose I shouldn't list here the exact address, but it's in Bella Vista, which is fancy-talk for that part of South Philadelphia just south of South. Just four blocks, actually, so we'll still be super-convenient to Center City without paying $500,000 for 750 square feet. We should move in mid-to-late July, and there will indeed be a housewarming shortly after, so everyone will have a chance to see it.

Despite my strong support of Barack Obama for president, I have to say that I felt a pang when Hillary Clinton bowed out of the race. I've always liked her as a candidate, even if I didn't always like the way she campaigned, and to tell the truth I harbored a secret fantasy of watching with glee the apoplexy on Redstate.com when President Hillary took office. Another year, perhaps.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congrats on the house!

Anju said...

Yay!

Housewarming?

Amy McWeasel said...

Go you two on your home-buying plans! I don't want to jinx you, so I won't say anything positive until the deed is well & truly done. ;)

Unknown said...

That's great news! Good luck with all the (many!) details. :)

Also, let me know when it's time to move. I'd love to help.

Tim