Thursday, May 29, 2008

So I'm playing tomorrow night...

...at the Comedy Cabaret for an MS fundraiser, and I wondered if their Web site had yet been updated. Oh, it had, and in a really funny way. All the other comedians on the ticket had these great superlatives: Local favorite! Relentless! Absurdist comedy! What did I get? Newcomer! I guess I should be grateful it wasn't We're pretty sure he doesn't suck too badly!

Yeah, this is what sweating out their open mics with comedians who tell jokes about fat women gets you. Argh.

New favorite lyric:

Tonight you're mine completely
You give your love so sweetly

Tonight the light of love is in your eyes

But will you love me tomorrow?


Artist: The Shirelles (Gerry Goffin/Carole King*)
Song: Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow
Album: Tonight's the Night


*Who knew Carole King wrote this?

No comments: