Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Excitement!

I was interested in following the primary returns last night, and may I say, pleased at the way the entire primary is unfolding. Sure, it's taking longer than some folks would prefer for the Democrats to sort things out, but I don't see a problem with that. We learned in 2004 that uniting early behind a candidate does no good if it's the wrong candidate. There's a value in an extended primary, where we get to test-drive each candidate before making the choice. Also, I have had it with Republican rule, so this year I would really like to get it right.

Also, isn't it great that the Democratic finalists are a black man and a woman? Quite the contrast to the GOP, who fielded a bunch of old white guys, as usual. Feh, I say. Feh. Reminds me of the 2007 State of the Union address, in which Bush (told his lies) gave his speech before a legislature led by a woman. If you Google some images or videos, you can a stone-faced Cheney sitting next to Nancy Pelosi, who looks like a cat in cream. Pretty sweet.

New favorite lyric:

"18, drove his car too wild
19, Prozac poster child
20 got too angry bowling
21 was green-card trolling
22 liked Judy Garland, ballroom dancing...yup, gay"

Artist: Deirdre Flint (Deirdre Flint)
Song: Jenny of One Hundred Dates
Album: Then Again

No comments: