Thursday, October 27, 2005

Lookin' forward to lunch

I'm hitting Murray's, this great Jewish deli on Montgomery Avenue. Every time I go there I ask myself what the hell Hitler was thinking. Jewish people have great delicatessens, their neighborhoods always seem clean and well-tended, and they're available to accompany us atheists who go to movies Christmas morning. What's not to like? Maybe the Nazis were jealous that, unlike Germans, Jews actually have comedians. Come to think of it, wiping out the gays was a pretty bad idea, too, if only for practical reasons. After the Holocaust, there wasn't one good deli or one decent haircut in Germany. Take that, Nazis!

My tire is now fixed, and in celebration I exceeded the speed limit on West River Drive by seven miles. I plan to celebrate Halloween by jaywalking.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're funny and I like you.

Anonymous said...

I had Jewish deli for lunch too! Though not at Murray's. Murray's is fantastic. It is known.

Anonymous said...

So am I to understand that you would be cool with genocide of any ethnic group with crappy delis who celebrated Christmas?

-S. Tarzan