Thursday, July 07, 2005

Now I say something about London...

I'm going to London (which is my favorite place in the universe) in a few weeks, and the news today about the bombs hit me fairly hard. It hit me hard in two ways. First, the fact that (at least) 10 people are dead and anothger 150 who set out for work today are now in hospitals with I-don't-want-to-think-about-what injuries. Second...well, my friend Gary said it best:

"Our irresponsible action in Iraq has served only to provide cause and training grounds to those who are determined commit such acts."

He was talking about his own government, but the same could be said of mine.

Terrorists are running around like jackals, blowing up buses and ramming planes into buildings, and the world's sole remaining superpower is fucking around in Iraq in a conflict that is only tangentially related, if at all, to anti-terrorism efforts. This would make an interesting novel, but in real life it just sucks.

No comments: