Monday, July 25, 2005

A Great Idea

Hey, check out the Christian Exodus, which aims to move enough conservative Christians to South Carolina where they can muster the political power to turn the state into a theocracy.

Personally, I think this is a marvy idea, particularly since the commonwealth of Pennsylvania sends more students to Bob Jones University than any state other than Michigan and South Carolina itself. If we can help promote the Exodus, that will drain a good number of the kooks and slap-nuts out of Pennsylvania (and other states), leaving behind a saner electorate to make laws and elect politicians. In addition, sensible South Carolinians, rightly disturbed by this influx of loonies, will move to other states, thus increasing their not-crazy quotient. Finally, the Christian Exodus, if successful, will concentrate most of the God Squad in a single area that's easier to fence off, regulate, avoid, and, if necessary, nuke. I don't know about you, but I like my crazies right where I can see 'em.

(Note: For those who might be alarmed by the next-to-last sentence, I don't really want to destroy conservative Christians via nuclear power. However, given the bigoted nature of the Exodus' intended audience, I wouldn't shed a bitter tear if those fuckers wound up riding the rocket, either.)

No comments: