Sunday, January 10, 2010

It's still Saturday, dammit!

I performed in NE Philadelphia tonight. I guess it was technically yesterday, but in my mind the day has not turned until I sleep and wake up when it's light. So there. Anyway, I was sick as a dog today, so I medicated myself heavily so's I could climb on stage and perform adequately. The audience was attentive but not very into any of the comedians, but I did all right.

Can I tell you that certain word uses bother me? I already bitched about the overuse/misuse of the word "creepy", so now I'd like to extend the complaint to "stalking." Anyone who expresses any interest - romantic, familial, platonic - in another human being must now worry if s/he is a stalker. Let's review a few stalker examples:

A) Not stalking:
Asking to friend me on Facebook
Sending me an email without invitation
Asking me where in Philadelphia I live

B) Stalking
Asking for my Facebook password
Sending me a severed ear, with or without invitation
Asking me for my home address and Social Security number

If you behavior resembles Category A, you're good. If it resembles B, seek help. But let's not diminish the reputations of stalkers everywhere by thinking that contacting me on a social networking sight is stalking.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG! I'm totally your stalker!