Friday, April 24, 2009

Remember when I said I knew what was coming?

Well, I was wrong. I thought I'd seen every bit of job-hunting craziness there was, but the universe has proven, once again, that even when you think you've seen the worst, there's always something just a little bit lower. I'm not going into details here, but let me say this: If you are contemplating taking a job with a major Center City law office, contact me first and tell me the name. If it is the same company to which I so obliquely refer...run hard, run silent, run deep.

Dan and I are watching (courtesy of Netflix) the old 90's series "American Gothic" and kind of enjoying it. One of the actors, who was probably about eleven at the time, is just fantastic for someone so young. Seriously. He reminds me of young Jodie Foster, who was good even in "Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore" because she is just a natural.

Had off from work today (soon I will have off every day!) and I spent most of it on household duties, the chief of which was stripping, cleaning and sealing the deck. Another chore completely neglected by the former owners, so there was mildew aplenty, but I got most of it with my trusty deck scrubber. Those of you attending BBQ's this summer will get to see the New and Improved Deck for yourselves.

New favorite lyric:

"I've looked at life from both sides now
From win and lose and still somehow
It's life's illusions I recall
I really don't know life at all"


Artist: Joni Mitchell (Joni Mitchell)
Song: Both Sides Now
Album: Clouds

Almost forgot...this is for CathyC.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sean here,

"stripping, cleaning and sealing the deck"

Does this mean that you got naked, then cleaned and sealed the deck?

TrackerNeil said...

Actually, I stripped someone ELSE.

Unknown said...

My brother and I used to watch American Gothic when it was on TV. We loved that show. So weird and creepy. "That's Buck. With a B."

Looking forward to seeing the New and Improved Deck!