Monday, February 02, 2009

I had...a nightmare?

Before I go into this, you have to know two things:

1) From time to time I have spider dreams, in which arachnids (usually large and gross) feature prominently and I wake in a panic.

2) A drider is a AD&D monster that is a dark elf who pissed off the Demon Queen of Spiders and got cursed with a part-spider body. Picture a centaur except with a spider bottom and you've pretty much got it.

OK, back to the nightmare. I was on a raptor (yes, from "Battlestar Galactica") piloted by Margaret "Racetrack" Edmonson and accompanied by Saul Tigh. Racetrack took us to this large under-construction-looking space structure, and then we donned spacesuits and left the raptor. We climbed along the structure until we reached this little alcove in which there was a sort of web-nest containing a single baby drider. Clearly, there are no baby driders, but that's not what was odd. What was odd was that the drider was plush. And what was bizarre was that the drider was Andy Dick, or at least from the waist up. (The rest, naturally, was spider.) When this offense to gods and man began to push itself mewling out of its nest, I started kicking at it and I woke up kicking at Dan.

So...I had a nightmare in which I was menaced by a baby, plush, Andy-dick drider. Great Zeus, but this job is getting to me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that might be the nerdiest dream ever.

Amy McWeasel said...

Whoa, that's quite a nightmare. Ugh!

Anonymous said...

This has all happened before, and this will all happen again...

Oh, and "Andy Dick and the Plush Drider Babires" is the name of my OTHER other emo band.

ultimatesean