Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Great Escape

Just as the temperatures in Philadelphia are clunking to the bottom at a high of 20, Dan and I will be fleeing to sunny Florida. Dan's mom warned us that it's "only" 70 down there. ::sigh:: Anyway, we'll be back by Monday, by the grace of the Lords of Kobol and US Air. And, yes, we know a US Air plane just went down today, so my hope is with the Lords.

On my way to work today I passed three burly construction workers, and one of them was whistling, "Hungry Like the Wolf." No kidding. When I went by he was just getting to the "Do do do do, do do do, do do do, do do do, do doooo" part. Loves it.

I have my "Yes We Can" pin at the ready for Tuesday, although I will be at the inauguration only in spirit. You know, I watched a YouTube recording of Obama's acceptance speech last night, and I wanted to weep or giggle. After eight years of a waking nightmare this is like a dream. Whee!

No comments: