Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Overheard something really funny today

Whilst at a lunchmeat counter at the Reading Terminal, I overheard the following exchange:

Man: "Can I have a half-pound of the rotisserie chicken?"
Woman behind counter: "Chipped or sliced?"
Man: "Yellow."

I'm making bread tomorrow! I do this only once or twice a year because it's a real pain in the neck, but the results are mouth-watering. Tips for good bread:
  1. Refrigerate your dough for 2-24 hours.
  2. Wrap the newly baked loaves in aluminum foil so that the crust stays soft. Unless of course you prefer the crust, er, crusty.

5 comments:

Star said...

What kind of bread ? I used to make an Italina Loaf, and durig the holidays I makes cinnamon bread.

TrackerNeil said...

Oh, just standard bread. I haven't dared try anything fancier, although I guess I should. I'm not that great of a cook, so I figure I should leave well enough alone. :-)

Unknown said...

Do you have a bread machine? Or do you just do it in the stove?

TrackerNeil said...

In the stove. I'm an old-fashioned guy. :-)

Unknown said...

Maybe if you had a bread machine, you would make more bread yourself. I've seen my little sister make bread with hers, and it seems remarkably painless.