Friday, December 29, 2006

No one to fight

Dan and I once realized that we handle problems very differently. You know that fight-or-flight response? Well, he flees and I fight. Seriously. You might not think it to look at me, but I have the ability to make an incredible nuisance of myself when I feel I've been wronged or misused in some way. I've gotten lots of free stuff from companies via this technique: free shipping from Gateway, $100 credit on my Visa from FirstUSA, a complimentary pay-per-view Indigo Girls concert, etc. It's useful.

What I want right now, however, I can't get, no matter how many letters I write or phone calls I make. I can't complain to Death's supervisor, or threaten to report Death to the Bureau of Parts of Life, and it really makes me angry.

1 comment:

Amy McWeasel said...

For what it's worth, if anyone could harass Death into bringing her back, it would be you.