Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Vote Sith in '08!

At first I thought the suggestion of voting the Sith into the White House was a joke, but now that I think about it I'm more and more inclined to favor this. Say what you will about Palpatine, but the man had a rational (if evil) plan for governance and he knew how to win a war. That's a step up from what we've got now.

The other day I was walking by a construction site peopled by all these burly, man's-man guys. Out of their radio came Bette Midler singing, "The Rose." Ah...that kind of man's man.

I've come to learn that the combination of perfectionism and incompetence is a truly toxic thing.

I'm currently reading John Dean's "Conservatives Without Conscience." Great book. Buy it now. I'm also reading a collection of Robert E. Howard's Conan novellas, which I got at Between Books in Delaware. Between Books is the only thing that redeems Delaware in my personal estimation; otherwise that state could be sold to the Chinese to repay a fraction of our national debt. Then you could at least get good fried rice in Wilmington.

No comments: