Thursday, August 10, 2006

My favorite Democrat

Do you know why Ed Rendell is my favorite Democrat? One, because he's a smart guy who knows how to compromise and doesn't get sidetracked on foolish issues like posting the Ten Commandments here there and everywhere. Two, because his campaign staff says funny things, like so.

Gubernatorial candidate Lynn Swann has written a book that details his plans for Pennsylvania should the voters be foolish enough to send him to Harrisburg. (The "foolish" part is my add-in; I don't imagine Swann would put that in his book.) Anyway, he plans to hand out the book for free at campaign events, but otherwise charge $10 for it. Uh, Lynn...most voters can't be bothered to look up the location of their polling places; do you honestly think they want to spend ten bucks on a book that tells them what you should be telling them for free?

Excerpt from the book:
"My opponent tries to dismiss me as a mere football player who doesn't understand government... . The mind-set this criticism reveals - that politics is best left to the career politicians - only shows which one of us is really out of touch."

Response from the Rendell campaign:
"I do not dismiss him as a mere football player who doesn't have experience. I dismiss him as an unbelievably fantastic football player who doesn't have experience."

And that's why Rendell is my favorite Democrat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HMMMMMMMM, I wonder were your got you sense of humor :)

luv ya.

Amy McWeasel said...

Ha, that's pretty damn funny.