Thursday, April 13, 2006

Me in Print!

Yay! The Winter 2006 issue of Rhapsoidia was finally released, which marks the first print publication of my short story "Sidney's Gift." Trust me, that sucker was rejected many, many times, but I guess persistence (or outright stubbornness) pays...in a single contributor copy, anyway. I'll order more when they're available for sale, as I am certain my mother will be all over me for one.

I'd thought of having a got-published party, but that seemed a bit forward since it's only a small literary rag that maybe 300 people will read, and for which I was paid zilch. If I'm to celebrate that kind of milestone, I had as well plan the somebody-breathed party, or the day-that-ends-in"y" party. Still, it's nice to finally see that story in print; it really is the strongest thing I've ever written. Of course, when I look at it these days all I can see are the mistakes, but I suppose that's natural. Still...yay me!

8 comments:

Amy McWeasel said...

Why not have a "got published" party? I think that's reason enough to celebrate with you. Congrats!

Sarcasmo said...

I agree with mcweasel. Many many congratulations!

TrackerNeil said...

Congratulations to YOU, VisMajor, on your impending nuptials.

Anonymous said...

You are indeed a remarkable child.

luv ya.

poppy said...

Since I see nothing wrong with a somebody-breathed-party, I see zero wrong with a got-published party. Celebrate the good! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Awesome, dude. I'm so jealous.

TrackerNeil said...

Thanks, but don't be too jealous. I am SURE more people will read the stuff you do for Phillyist. Way more.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! :)

-Zoe